Virginia Continuing Education COURSE
1 Hr. Virginia Agency Law
Whether you are acting as a listing agent, buyer’s agent, or dual agent, trust, loyalty, and respect are essential qualities in building a strong and lasting relationship with your clients. From maintaining client confidentiality to ensuring proper disclosure throughout a transaction, you're required to represent your client’s best interests. In order to successfully fulfill your obligations, a firm understanding of the legal and ethical standards expected of licensees is required.
This one-hour course, which meets the Real Estate Agency continuing education requirement for all renewing salespeople and brokers, provides a summary and review of Virginia’s rules and regulations specific to agency relationships.
Course highlights include:
- Legal and ethical responsibilities of listing and buyer’s agents
- Commonly used contracts and agreements, including listing agreements (Exclusive Right to Sell, Exclusive Agency, and Open Listing) and buyer/broker agreements
- Legal and ethical responsibilities of rental listing agents and leasing agents
- Differences between dual agency and designated dual agency
- Limited service agencies (LSAs) and required duties
- Activities and scenarios to provide real-world context for course content